Solution Architect I Software Engineering Job Description
Starting CompensationAnnual Salary: $119,200.00 - $154,800.00 (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
About the Role
To support our goals as an industry leader, we are seeking a Solution Architect to join our dynamic Information Technology team in our San Diego office. The Solution Architect I is responsible for providing direction and having hands-on responsibility on building solutions and abstract frameworks. In addition, the Architect will also present the solutions and framework to business and IT leadership teams, achieving buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with key business and IT stakeholders to define solutions that align with the company’s tactical needs and long-term strategies
- Establish architectural standards, contribute to IT product roadmaps, and participate in Architecture Review Board
- Provide direction on technologies (programming languages, frameworks, tools, and techniques) to technical/DevOps teams
- Coach and mentor tech leads and developers on the team
- Participate in decomposition and solutioning sessions, support Software Development Manages with high level effort estimation, overseeing task assignments that are aimed at executing a program with specific responsibility to ensuring all technical matters of the project run smoothly and as planned
- Serve as contributor for any key corporate initiative as necessary to include planned and unplanned strategic goals
- Should have ability to work in multi-tasking atmosphere and onshore-nearshore-offshore delivery model
- Effectively run product selection processes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 10-15 years of relevant experience
- Technical Skills:
- Techniques: Microservices Architecture, Event-driven Architecture, Design patterns (application design and enterprise architecture), AI/ML
- Cloud: AWS (Serverless, S3/EBS, SQS, SNS)
- Languages: Java, .Net, or Scripting Languages
- Middleware: BRMS/Event processing (Camunda, IBM ODM, Blaze)
- Database: RDMBS (DB2, SQLServer), NoSQL (DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Frameworks: Spring (Core, Web/MVC, Webflow, batch, boot), ORM, UI MVC Frameworks (ReactJS, AngularJS)
- OS & Servers: Windows, Linux, VMs
- Tools: Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, Git, Visio, Azure DevOps
- Financial Services or Corporate Environment
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.