Sr. Performance Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the job:
The Senior Performance Manager is responsible for managing relatively large, new and/or sophisticated third-party relationships and leading related programs and initiatives. This person develops relationships with partners to drive success, analyzes initiatives, develops and fine-tunes programs, executes on various priorities, measures against performance goals, and ensures a compliance and consumer treatment in line with values. This individual also identifies areas of opportunity with partners, internal processes, and fully analyzes the impacts of change for successful implementation while building plans and running projects of moderate scope and complexity in conjunction with representing MCM in external environments.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships and lead related programs and initiatives in support of company strategy and goals. Analyze business drivers at both the partner and program level to lead and improve performance.
- Build, set, and communicate performance plans to get results. Identify areas where a change is vital with an external partner/internal stakeholders or an internal process and generate a range of solutions with associated benefits, costs, and risks.
- Deliver on strategic and program priorities. Build, plans and run projects. Initiate recommendations and work with manager to finalize objectives.
- Drive program/partner communications both internally and externally. Ensure a compliance including partner compliance with company expectations and vice versa. Emphasize MCM consumer treatment expectations in all internal and external interactions.
- 3 - 5 years of demonstrated ability in a project or process management role, operations management, management consulting, or equivalent education and experience required. Strong proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel). Program or relationship management skills, collaboration skills, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and analytical skills all required.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in financial services or Vendor / Program management preferred. Knowledge of regulatory requirements is a plus. Familiarity with SAS or other data querying tools are preferred. Advanced proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel) as well as Salesforce experience. Strong communication with public speaking and representing corporate interests. Ability to tackle complex problems.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.