Skip Tracing Specialist Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
Are you someone with strong investigative skills and do you enjoy working in a fun and collaborative environment?
If so, our office in Troy, MI is currently looking for Skip Tracing Specialists to join our team. Skip Tracers use various tools to locate and verify a consumer’s place of employment, bank accounts, and addresses to assist with garnishment and/or legal collection efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Finding, reviewing and validating consumer information through internal and external sources.
- Reviewing information from vendor leads, google, and other approved sources to locate executable asset information.
- Adhering to governing federal and state laws and regulations along with internal policies.
- Working with leadership to understand how to increase overall performance.
- Making recommendations for improvements to daily automated and manual processes.
- Performing various administrative duties, e.g., copying, faxing and printing as needed.
- MS Office with Proficiency with Excel.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail.
- Internet savvy with the ability to navigate and search Google and various search engines.
- High School Graduate with 1-2 years of experience.
- Call Center or Customer Service experience.
- Previous Skip Tracing or Collections experience a plus.
- TLO and Accurint software experience.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.