Manager, Operations Job Description
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
About the Role
The Manager, Operation is responsible for managing day to day operations of our internal legal business in our Troy, MI location. This role will lead a team of 2 to 3 supervisors to ensure that production goals are met along with the quality and compliance parameters. This role will collaborate both globally and domestically across multiple operating sites to achieve business objectives. They will engage in hiring, leading, coaching and performance managing the production operation teams and will develop and implement operational policies, procedures, and strategies. They will also, be responsible for monitoring performance, reporting status, implementing improvements, ensuring quality, managing quality and quantity of employee productivity. Success in this role comes with high ownership, initiative, and a problem-solving attitude so if that excites you then we want to hear from you.
- Manage Operations activities to ensure business goals are achieved.
- Ensure appropriate staffing by recruiting, selecting, training / orienting team. Communicate job expectations, plan work, monitor and appraise results and establish priorities. Ensure employees achieve business goals and agreed development goals.
- Develop more cost-effective processes, reduce waste while also increasing productivity. Highlight process and task simplification opportunities.
- Management of direct reports (reporting to the role).
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's; and equivalent work experience in ILMS and people leadership
- 3-5 years managing production teams in an office setting, demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with peers internally and cross functionally.
- Knowledge/experience of workflows behind a complex operational set up ideally in a high-volume transaction’s environment.
- Ability to identify root causes of identified defects in process, prioritize issues, and create effective action plans.
- Ability to pull inventory reports, export to Excel and create pivot tables.
- Assist in managing priority definitions
- Experience with leading/participating in efforts to automate and improve processes through lean/six sigma-based production principles.
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.