IT/InfoSec Compliance Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the job:
The IT/InfoSec Compliance Manager is responsible for assisting the Compliance team with developing, advising and maintaining the compliance strategy throughout the business organizations, with particular emphasis on Information Technology and Information Security. A successful candidate in this role will have strong skills in partnering with business clients and coordinating cross-functional team projects, and will be able to communicate and translate program requirements between diverse departments. This role requires sound compliance and control skills to assist in identifying, establishing, and executing against compliance-related priorities. This person is also helping with the execution against the broader Compliance Management System goals and initiatives.
- Advising IT and InfoSec on how to operationalize legal and regulatory requirements in positive relationship and coordination with MCM’s legal function
- Engage on new business projects and initiatives to guide on compliance risks and controls
- Participate in business meetings and make recommendations on implications of decisions as it relates to compliance
- Drive Compliance Issue Management program, including oversight, consultation, and tracking of corrective action and root cause investigation of issues
- Counsel IT on development of First Line controls, including drafting and revision of policies/procedures, analysis of consumer complaint trends, and implementation of preventive and detective controls
- Work with IT to compile and prepare compliance monitoring presentations for senior management and the company’s board of directors
- Perform compliance risk assessments of applicable business coverage areas
- Partner with Corporate Compliance and business on implementation of new regulations, court rules, and other external requirements
- Relevant business Compliance experience of 5 or more years in highly regulated industry, preferably financial services; experience in Legal Collections/Call Center activity, including FDCPA, FCRA, SCRA, GLB, ECOA, EFTA, particularly as applied to debt servicing and collections.
- Experience with information technology and/or information security operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with proven leadership and executive presence.
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills required.
- PMP and/or Six Sigma certification.
- Proficiency in Spanish.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.