Group Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Group Manager is responsible for leading and achieving business results through a team of employees. This position includes being responsible for all aspects of performance management (setting expectations, observing, coaching, counseling, and rewarding), performance metrics and tracking, and supporting an engaged and collaborative team environment. The Group Manager is also responsible for ensuring proper documentation and compliance with company policy, documentation procedures and FDCPA. Other Responsibilities include...
- Drive Operational Business Results: Actively lead and mentor Account Managers to drive consistent achievement of operational goals based on reporting analysis, observation and monitoring. Proactively supervise daily / weekly operational statistics and reporting trends / variances to advise management of potential trends, issues and opportunities.
- Actively Seek and Incorporate Feedback: Identify and pursue self-learning opportunities and support learning opportunities for team members. Share knowledge with and/or mentor others to improve processes and better achieve goals.
- Communicate and Reinforce Company Visions: Incorporate company policies, practices, values and initiatives in a way that helps employees understand their contribution and accountability to the success of the organization.
- Find Opportunities for Call Center Process Improvement: Act as a subject matter authority by demonstrating technical knowledge and skills critical to the business. Serve as first contact for escalated calls from customers.
- Management of direct reports (reporting to the role).
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 1+ years of collections or customer service.
- Knowledge of FDCPA, finance industry, dialer systems.
- Access and understanding reporting tools and systems.
- Negotiation skills.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.