Compliance Analyst Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, MCM might be the place for you!
The Compliance Analyst is responsible for promoting a culture of compliance by executing the Company's compliance strategy, as defined by the Compliance Management System. The primary responsibilities of this role are to perform compliance testing and to evaluate compliance risk through analysis, risk identification and monitoring. The Compliance Analyst is primarily responsible for executing and reporting compliance testing, and performing risk assessments on the various federal and state regulations applicable to the industry. The Compliance Analyst is expected to identify, assess and report on any issues and process improvements noted during execution of testing and monitoring, as well as present findings and results of testing to process owners and Compliance management. The Compliance Analyst will also have significant interaction with key business channel / process managers and management. The ideal candidate would possess strong technical audit and/or compliance testing skills, as well as advanced project management skills, to ensure they are able to conduct multiple projects and business interactions concurrently.
About The Job:
- Compliance Testing: Design, plan and execute Compliance Testing to ensure various business processes meet the regulatory requirements applicable to the industry.
- Risk Assessment: Design, plan and conduct risk assessments around applicable regulations and related processes.
- Report results of Compliance Testing and Risk Assessments to various levels of management, in both the business and compliance management.
- Monitoring: Assist in the development and enhancement of Second Line of Defense Monitoring projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required.
- Prior compliance or auditing experience strongly preferred. Individual is expected to exhibit strong basic executional capabilities and begin to take on more responsibility. Typically, minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in Compliance, Accounting and or other related financial or corporate settings; prior experience in the collections / financial industry a plus.
- Audit, Compliance Testing, Legal Research, Business or Technical Writing, Reporting, education or training lending to ability to translate regulatory requirements into business requirements. Ability to follow guidelines, identify and resolve issues. Project management, risk and/or internal controls. 1 - 3 years’ experience working with applicable rules and consumer protection / lending regulations. Experience with financial regulatory bodies preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Advanced proficiency in MS Office, database extract and reporting.
- Good interpersonal skills: ability to develop good relationships and trust to further shared business objectives. Ability to identify issues and develop creative solutions to problems. Effective communications skills, including knowing when to and how to properly escalate when appropriate with confidence to management.
- Corporate/Financial/Debt experience.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.