Buyer Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
- Responsible for ensuring the processes of the Procurement department are sufficiently supporting the business and working to continuously improve those processes.
- Procurement for department specific goods and services.
- Strategic sourcing for supplier selection to ensure all company cost reduction goals are being met and production operations are not negatively impacted.
About the Job
- Procurement Process Owner - Create and Manage continual process improvement for all daily requisition to pay activities, end-user experiences and compliance.
- Maintain proficiency in all related policies and procedures including articulating and enforcing those P&Ps.
- Focus on Customer Service. Self-Manage and contribute to the strategic direction of the procurement department.
- Purchasing - Procurement of goods and services for the business.
- Includes negotiations, ensuring required approvals are in place prior to execution of a purchase order, and providing updates to requester on status.
- Strong focus on Cost Savings and Cost Avoidance.
- Negotiation of contracts and pricing agreements with preferred vendors.
- Partner with Legal/Business owner on SOW's and Contracts.
- Vendor Management - Management of all domestic MFP leases, document control contracts, and mail machine leases and support contracts including scheduling installs new leases and renewals, and general vendor management.
- Management of Mobile device management vendor and carrier contracts as well as some high-level end-user support.
- Bachelors degree
- 2-5 years of indirect buying/procurement
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.