We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Business Analyst is primarily responsible for using data extraction tools to perform in-depth analysis of programs and opportunities in the Legal Collections business. This person will make recommendations to improve the business profitability or operational processes based on their analysis and may craft strategies to implement those recommendations using SQL and Excel. The position is also responsible for crafting and supervising reports to identify trends, issues and opportunities.
- Acting as an internal consultant by driving strategies and ideas.
- Build and analyze reports to identify issues, trends, opportunities.
- Extract and analyze data to support business initiatives (e.g. profitability, performance and variance analysis).
- Present and share data with other team members.
- Recommend improve related to business profitability or processes.
- Required: Bachelor; Quantitative field.
- Required: 0 - 2 years experience in an analytical / quantitative role, or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in designing and running queries. Proficiency with MS Office including Excel and Access.
- Masters in Quantitative field
- Relevant internships in Financial or Corporate Environment
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.