Bankruptcy Specialist Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Legal Department is looking for a Bankruptcy Specialist that will conduct outbound calling and follow up for our Bankruptcy team in Troy, MI. This resource will work with the Legal Department and assist and partner with the team to support the management of daily operations. This position includes the monitoring of automated and manual processes to ensure the proper handling of outsourced accounts, as well as, participation in projects and analysis as needed, and provide and communicate performance, initiative, and / or process results. Responsibilities Include:
- Developing relationships with and requesting fulfillment for internal and external customers.
- Conducting outbound follow up calls.
- Process administrative material and tasks.
- Provide regular tracking and reporting on adherence to daily processes and / or financial performance.
- Will be the subject matter expert for one or more projects with high levels of complexity.
- Oversee and make suggestions for improvements to daily automated and manual processes.
- High School Diploma
- 1 - 2 years of customer service or clerical experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- A can-do attitude with a great work ethic
- 2+ years’ work experience in financial services or bankruptcy position.
- Experience working in a Call Center; outbound calling.
- Proficiency with Excel.
- Experience using PACER
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.