File Assistant Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The File Assistant provides support and assistance to the in-house legal group with various administrative and reporting tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail. This position requires adherence to complex process requirements and directions. Responsibilities include...
- Prepare miscellaneous court documents at the instruction of the state paralegal, state managing attorney, or staff counsel.
- Work well with court personnel via telephone including scheduling hearings, advising courts of pending settlements and responding to specific requests from courts.
- Notarize a variety of legal documents including affidavits and garnishment forms.
- Notate accounts in ILMS.
- Handle inbound faxes by printing, notating account, and distributing to appropriate persons.
- Process mail by reviewing and sorting incoming mail. Process outgoing mail including mail going through the United States Postal Services, as well as third party carriers such as FedEx and UPS.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 1-3 years in a high-volume administrative or legal specialist position.
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and adapt to process changes.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite programs, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work with people across all levels and areas of expertise.
- Notary License.
- Associates Degree in Legal Studies or Office Administration.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.