Sr. Legal Specialist Job Description
Here at MCM, we are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, MCM might be the place for you!
The Senior Legal Specialist (Puerto Rico) will serve as a primary, professional company representative for trials and depositions and handle the auto lien process. This resource will monitor processes to ensure the proper handling of outsourced accounts as well as participate in projects/analysis, as needed, providing and communicating performance, initiatives, and/or process results. Travel is expected in this role.
About the Job
- Provide accurate and confident testimonies at trials and depositions.
- Analyze and select accounts, then support the execution and completion of the process.
- Partner with internal and external legal partners to swiftly resolve document discrepancies.
- Review affidavits and work closely with attorneys and paralegals in preparation for trials.
- Pull, analyze, and interpret departmental reports.
- Track and document results to identify any issues, trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- High School Diploma
- Bilingual: English & Spanish
- Ability to travel and stay overnight as needed
- 2+ years' work experience in financial services related field
- System querying skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Excel)
- Excellent communication and data entry skills
- 3-5 years working with a related industry, including trial witness experience
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
MCM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.