Windows Engineer II Job Description
The role of Windows Systems Engineer II is responsible for management, administration and maintenance of the Windows Server environment based on Microsoft technologies such as Windows Server 2012/2012 R2/2016, RDS, and Office 365. You will manage Windows server applications and interoperability within a larger, heterogeneous production environment requiring 24 X 7 uptime. As part of the Systems Engineer team, you will be involved in implementation and planning of complex projects involving advanced technologies to include, but not limited to, Windows Failover Clustering, Active Directory, ADFS, Group Policy, Shared Storage (SANs, and other iSCSI targets), Multi-Site Failover Clusters, and Private and Public Clouds.
Strategy & Planning
- Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the server applications.
- Develop, maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Implement, troubleshoot and perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory, GPO administration, AD replication, DHCP, DNS.
- Experience with containerization and virtualization, vSAN, hyperconverged infrastructure desired.
- Experience with EMC Avamar and other Backup technologies.
- Experience with monitoring systems and concepts to include SolarWinds.
- Install, maintain, upgrade and patch Windows operating systems and applications.
- Perform daily administration of computer systems (servers) to prevent outage and plans for optimized system resource utilization.
- Perform operational evaluations ensuring audit control compliance remain with regulatory standards, industry standards, and accepted best practices.
- Direct the analysis of documentation and technical specifications for any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality and the support model expected post deployment.
- Strong working knowledge of writing and modifying PowerShell scripts for automating routine tasks, and tooling.
- Assist in develop of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies as it relates to service and system support.
- Assist in developing incident vs/and change management workflow, process, and procedures when deploying patches to the production environment
- Utilize specialized software to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Research new technologies by attending seminars, reading trade articles, or taking classes, and implement or recommend the implementation of new technologies.
- Document client networks and maintain up to date information in the document to be able to allow other technicians to assist competently with unfamiliar networks.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or University degree in the field of Computer science or IT Management and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) is preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) is preferred.
- VMware Certifications or Experience.
- Cisco UCS Certification or Experience is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in computer network management is required
Knowledge & Experience
- Familiarity with ITIL practices for IT service management.
- Some experience in project management environment is an asset.
- Knowledge of system testing metrics, best practices and methodologies.
- Operational knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis for metric reporting.
- Excellent PC skills and technically fluent IT operations
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into ITIL Continual Service Management processes.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Working knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Potentially evening and weekend work to meet deadlines and use maintenance windows.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard or mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required up to 20% of the time
- Audit Control owner, managing the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of audit artifacts. Certifying results and performing audit self-checks according to the policies governing the audit control numbers assigned to the role of Windows Systems Engineering.
- Audit Artifact producer will be producing audit evidence for PII, PCI, SOX, Internal and various other audits demanding evidence production. Detailed development of process and procedures to produce audit evidence by control number assigned to the role of Windows Systems Engineering.
As wenavigate through these unprecedented times, MCM’s focus continues to be our commitment to our Consumers and Employees. Since the start of COVID-19, our teams have worked diligently to ensure the health and safety of our employees while continuing to support our Consumers.
MCM continues to hire in areas which aid in the support of our Consumers and Employees. We have also leveraged our digital capabilities to continue to provide a great recruiting experience. As an applicant, you may be asked to complete a phone screen, or a virtual interview and our Recruiting Team is committed to supporting any questions you may have throughout the Interview process.
Now more than ever, we have a high demand for self-driven, ambitious individuals to join our IT team.