Service Desk User Support Specialist I Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Level I Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as requiring that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- High School Diploma (Bachillerato del Colegio), preferred bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering or related field.
- English: B2+ (Advanced)
- Nice to have: Certifications in CompTIA A+, HDI & ITIL.
1 year of experience in:
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including HP Laptops, Logitech peripherals, Avaya phone systems and other key systems.
- Desktop and server operating systems, including RDP protocols, data delivery layers, call center technologies.
- Application support with Okta, Office 365, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe products.
- Solid understanding of a range of diagnostic utilities, including Bomgar remote support, HP support portal.
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL.
- Familiarity with process and procedures of HDI basics.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional social skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status or disability status. Where applicable, will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, as well as to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request more details of the role at email@example.com.