Service Desk User Support Specialist I Job Description
Here at MCM, we are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, MCM might be the place for you!
Job Description – Service Desk Technician – Level I
Service Desk Technician – Level I
The Level I Service Desk Technician’s role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain SLA expectations. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as requiring that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
Strategy & Planning
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Produce audit artifacts as a control performer which demonstrates the patch program results and compliance with the stated policies
Acquisition & Deployment
- Deploy pre-packaged software using distribution tools and processes as requested by end users.
- Provide first contact support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email, and chat to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from service desk customers.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation to suitable technician, when required.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Test fixes to ensure an incident has been adequately resolved.
- Develop help sheets and FAQ lists for end users.
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase as needed
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in CompTIA A+, HDI & ITIL preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including HP Laptops, Logitech peripherals, Avaya phone systems and other key systems .
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including RDP protocols, data delivery layers, call center technologies.
- Extensive application support experience with Okta, Office 365, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe products.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including Bomgar remote support, HP support portal,
- Familiarity with the fundamental principles of ITIL.
- Familiarity with process and procedures of HDI basics.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- 40-hour onsite work week.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.