Senior Internal Auditor Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for implementing and reporting on internal audits, reviewing the work of staff and leading staff through internal audits, as well as other ad hoc projects as deemed vital. This role works fairly independently and with limited mentorship to assist in developing solutions and implementation plans. It prepares the Seniors for Managerial positions within Audit or other departments by giving them the opportunity to be exposed to managerial tasks.
- SOX Compliance Program: Independently test controls identified as relevant for the adherence to section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002. Perform Tests of Design, Tests of Operating Efficiency, and conduct walk throughs. Request, acquire and test audit evidence, meeting deadlines and budget.
- Implement all phases of financial or operational internal audits (Planning, Gaining an Understanding, Fieldwork, and subsequent Reporting and Wrap-up) with little supervision. This includes writing draft reports and reporting all findings through Audit-board.
-Identify issues (arising either from controls testing or regular audits) and make recommendations for process improvements and efficiencies.
Assist the Senior Manager, the AVP, and/or Director on Special Projects, investigations, and other ad hoc tasks as they may arise.
- Administrative duties: Time-keeping, assisting in reports, attending team meetings, completing required training's, assisting on departmental programs like Quality Assurance, and other administrative tasks.
-Management of direct reports (reporting to the role) bands 1-5.
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related to audit and compliance.
- English B2+ (Proficient).
- +3 years of audit experience. Individual is encouraged to exhibit strong audit knowledge, specifically for controls testing.
- Skilled in auditing, SOX controls testing.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to follow guidelines and identify and resolve problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Experience working for a publicly traded company in a similar role.
Certification(s): CPA, CIA.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status or disability status. Where applicable, will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, as well as to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request more details of the role at firstname.lastname@example.org.