Payroll Officer Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Payroll Officer supports the Accounting Manager in the processing of the Payroll for approximately 400+ employees for Costa Rica and Puerto Rico on a bi-weekly basis. This role is responsible for completion of the end-to-end payroll process resulting in the timely issuance of accurate paychecks, tax payments, support for financial reporting, and resolving questions and issues from individual employees. This role is also responsible for supervising accounting resources supporting payroll and administration of the Softland system.
- Supervise, guide and delegate to finance staff in the timely and accurate processing of bi-weekly payroll for the Costa Rica and Puerto Rico. The role has the primary responsibility for all tasks related to gathering the payroll data from various sources including Workday. Serve as the backup to the US Payroll Supervisor.
- Process new hires, bonuses, garnishments, and other statutory earnings and deductions. Facilitate payroll related payments to the relevant tax authorities, agencies and multiple service vendors.
- Prepares all journal entries for the Costa Rica and Puerto Rico payrolls and upload entries into the Workday Financial system. Reconciles the amounts to the ledger. Prepares and uploads the payroll expense accruals including wages and PTO liability and assist in answering trending variance questions after the month end close.
- Supervise the team in the calculation of terminations according to the info from WD. Coordinate the issuance of the final paycheck, the severance payment, and the sending of the information to HR to their support.
- Management of the Softland payroll system, facilitating internal and external audits, perform payroll control processes, compile and issue statutory reporting.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Accounting, Human Resources or related field.
- +5 years of related work experience.
- English: B2+ (Proficient).
- Knowledge of local country labor laws.
- Knowledge of accounting payroll entries.
- Strong skilled in Softland Payroll ERP.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Able to manage competing priorities with ease.
- Motivated, self-starter, team player.
- Preferred: 5+ years of related work experience in Big 4 and multinational companies and knowledge of ADP (or other payroll service bureau), Federal and State wage and hour laws. Knowledge of federal and multiple state tax laws.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status or disability status. Where applicable, will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, as well as to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request more details of the role at email@example.com.