Director, Operations Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Operations Director is accountable for providing leadership oversight of operational teams aligned to support our US Spanish Speaking Consumers across all stages of Collections including early, late, payers, pre-legal and bankruptcy. The Operations Director will help to set the strategic direction for the Spanish Speaking Consumer segment in alignment to broader organization strategy and in partnership with other segment leaders across the globe. They will be expected to define the way forward to execute the established strategy. They will also be accountable to lead, monitor, and improve end-to-end performance and ensure a consistent, scalable, and efficient delivery of results. Will also need to build relationship with functional stakeholders both locally and globally including but not limited to marketing, business development, inventory management, business support, and enabling functions. Their team will be composed of Division Managers, Group Managers and Team Leads, Subject Matter Experts and different levels of Collectors and Service Reps.
Scope and Purpose of Position:
- Responsible for setting and achieving business strategy objectives, standardized processes and oversight of Quality, Operational metrics, and Service Level goals
- Responsible for the attainment of Operational metrics and Quality and Consumer Experience targets and for communicating Call Center performance internally and to our stakeholders
- Accountable for developing and sustaining a culture of customer service excellence to include measurements and continuous improvement
- Responsible for the establishment of, and compliance with, standard practices in the Call Center and for implementing best practices and continuous process improvement
- Hire, mentor, coach, train and counsel department’s leaders to ensure best practices, professional growth, and accountability for achievement of goals
- At least 10 years of experience successfully managing employees in complex, multi-faceted call center setting. Experience managing highly complex organizations
- Influential people leader and mentor who ignites passion and inspires large complex teams to achieve stellar results. Experience managing commission-based employee base is highly desirable.
- Skilled communicator and negotiator who can successfully build and maintain synergistic relationships with executives, senior-level decision-makers, and stakeholders across the globe.
- Critical thinker who is adept at seeing the big picture and finding creative solutions. Must have strong analytical skills.
- Forward-thinking, decisive leader, skilled at achieving winning outcomes, optimizing business operations, and continually improving service quality while maintaining costs.
- High comfort level working in a fast paced and diverse environment. Ability to manage Change in a quick and positive manner is a must.
- P&L and budget experience is a must
- Experience working in highly regulated environments is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in operational discipline, management, or related discipline. Master's degree preferred
- Outstanding proficiency in English and Spanish is a must
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status or disability status. Where applicable, will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, as well as to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request more details of the role at firstname.lastname@example.org.