Collections Agent Job Description
The Account Manager is responsible for negotiating secure payment arrangements from consumers to satisfy their account obligation by recommending payment solutions through review and assessment of the consumers ability to pay in consideration of their outstanding obligation. Account Managers are also responsible for maintaining accurate documentation on the account and communicating regularly with the consumer, in accordance with FDCPA and company policy, in order to reach resolution of the account.
- Continuously develop and improve dynamic communication skills through consistent and frequent Managerial coaching and feedback.
- Enhance communication skills by negotiating with consumers by phone to establish payment arrangements in accordance with company policy and company values.
- Utilize company technology to manage consumer interactions.
- Required: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor
- Required: Bilingual - English / Spanish (90%)
- Required: 1 - 2 years customer service and/or sales PC skills.. Basic PC skills. Ability to apply basic mathematical applications.
- Preferred: 1 - 2 years in collections, financial services or call center environment. Dialer or AS400 technology experience. Proficiency with MS Office.
For remote operation, the employee must assure the following:
- Have a proper space to perform without distractions and displaying the correct ergonomics.
- Have a minimum internet speed of 6Gigs and dedicate it to the AM functions.
- As the pandemic progresses, you might be required to work in the office since the remote modality is not permanent.
As wenavigate through these unprecedented times, MCM’s focus continues to be our commitment to our Consumers and Employees. Since the start of COVID-19, our teams have worked diligently to ensure the health and safety of our employees while continuing to support our Consumers.
MCM continues to hire in areas which aid in the support of our Consumers and Employees. We have also leveraged our digital capabilities to continue to provide a great recruiting experience. As an applicant, you may be asked to complete a phone screen, or a virtual interview and our Recruiting Team is committed to supporting any questions you may have throughout the Interview process.
Now more than ever, we have a high demand for goal-driven, motivated individuals to join our team.