Collections Agent (Account Manager) Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Collections Agent (Account Manager) is responsible for negotiating secure payment arrangements from consumers to satisfy their account obligation by recommending payment solutions through review and assessment of the consumer's ability to pay in consideration of their outstanding obligation.
Collections Agents are also responsible for maintaining accurate documentation on the account and presenting regularly with the consumer, in accordance with FDCPA and company policy, in order to reach resolution of the account.
- Continuously develop and improve dynamic interpersonal skills, through consistent and frequent manager’s coaching and feedback.
- Improve communication skills by negotiating with consumers by phone, to establish payment arrangements in accordance with the legislation, and the company policy and values.
- Utilize company technology to lead consumer interactions.
- 18+ years old
- High School Diploma (Título de Bachillerato)
- Ability to apply basic mathematical applications.
- PC skills (Microsoft: Outlook & Teams specially).
- English proficiency at 90% at least.
- Developed communication skills in English and Spanish:
- Confident sound, bold tone of voice,
- Ability to listen, manage and influence through a conversation.
- Goals oriented, clear drivers, eager to get more.
- Teamwork – Results are measured individually and impacts team, Unit and the whole Operation.
- Resourcefulness to changes in a fast pace work environment
- Organization skills, ability to use different tools at the same time.
- 1 - 2 years in collections, financial services or call center environment. (Collections experience is not a must.)
- Work will be permanently performed from the site (Altos del Mas x Menos Sabana). Business Continuity Plan (BCP), might need some occasional remote work, as per required.
If required, for remote operation, the employee must align with the following:
- Have an accurate space to perform without distractions and displaying the correct ergonomics.
- Have a dedicated (not shared) internet speed of at least 6Gigs. (100% used for working purposes).
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status or disability status. Where applicable, will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, as well as to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request more details of the role at email@example.com.