Vice President of Data Science Job Description
Starting CompensationAnnual Salary: $218,700.00 - $283,999.00 (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
As the Vice President of Data Science, you will be responsible for shaping and executing our data-driven strategy, driving innovation, and leveraging advanced analytics to unlock insights and create business value. You will lead a team of highly skilled data scientists and statisticians, collaborating with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities, build predictive models, develop analytical solutions and provide strategic guidance to senior executives. Your role will be instrumental in driving our data-driven culture, enhancing our operational efficiencies and delivering exceptional value to our stakeholders.
Identify consumer behavior patterns leveraging data and generate insights that can be leveraged to optimize business decisions and enhance consumer experience.
Enhance data science function’s capabilities to leverage advanced analytics and modeling techniques and build solutions that can be applied to improve business decisions.
Recruit, train, and mentor a high-performing data science and advanced analytics team fostering a
culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning.
Stay abreast of emerging technologies, tools and methodologies in data science and analytics,
evaluating their potential for enhancing our capabilities and driving innovation. Foster strong relationships with cross-functional teams to understand their data needs and business
problems in order to provide analytical support.
Ensure compliance with relevant data protection regulations, privacy laws, and industry standards in data handling and analysis.
Perform other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's or Advanced
FIELD OF STUDY: Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or a Related Field
- Proven experience (10+ years) in data science, analytics, and machine learning, with a track record of successfully driving data-driven initiatives.
- Proven experience in application of advanced analytics to generate insights that can be leveraged for tangible business value.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing and developing high-performing teams.
- Expertise in statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms, data mining, and predictive analytics.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python, R, or Java, and familiarity with big data manipulation and analysis tools (e.g., SQL, Spark, Hadoop) along with experience building and implementing models in a cloud-based environment (e.g., Azure, AWS, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex analytical concepts and insights to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to align data-driven strategies with business objectives and drive meaningful impact.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated track record of driving data-driven decision-making and delivering tangible business outcomes.
- Experience developing or contributing to an omni-channel platform implementation of decisioning tools
- Experience in technology and/or financial services preferred
- Experience with building models/algorithms to improve business outcomes
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.