Vendor Oversight / Corporate Counsel Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The Staff Auditor / Corporate Counsel will be responsible for assisting internal clients (i.e. Legal, Collections Outsourcing Audit, Legal Outsourcing, and Internal Legal) through the Oversight of a network of external service providers and in-depth review and analysis of the processes and procedures of the legal service providers, as well as identifying any areas for improvement and identifying compliance trends.
- Support ongoing and periodic reviews of MCM's external law firms and other collection service providers.
- Responsible for assisting internal clients (i.e. Legal, Collections Outsourcing Oversight, Legal Outsourcing, and Internal Legal.).
- Responsible for in-depth review and analysis of the processes and procedures of the legal service providers, as well as identifying any areas for improvement and identifying compliance trends.
- Review and process analysis of litigation process workflows.
- Review and analyze litigation cases for compliance with applicable state and federal law.
- Analyze vendor processes and procedures for compliance with applicable standards of procedure and conduct.
- Observe legal service provider courtroom practices and procedures.
- Identify issues and recommend best practices for legal service providers.
- Substantive and procedural analysis and review of pleadings, letters and correspondence for compliance with state and federal law compliance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Oversight staff .
- Provide regular reporting to internal clients across organization as required.
- 2-5 years’ experience in legal oversight or compliance, or legal audit or litigation oversight/management role, or equivalent education and experience
- Requires in-depth knowledge of litigation processes, state and federal regulations related to creditor’s rights, including but not limited to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- JD from an American Bar Association accredited law school
- Strong proficiency in MS Office
- Effective organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail, organization and prioritization
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment as well as independently
- Self-directed and results oriented, with ability to set priorities and adjust work as necessary to meet deadlines
- Inhouse/Corporate experience
- Financial Services experience
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.