Vendor Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Vendor Manager is responsible for managing relatively large, new and/or complex relationships, programs and initiatives. This position includes analyzing initiatives, developing and fine-tuning programs, executing program strategies, measuring against performance goals, and fostering relationships with external partners to drive program success. Works independently on many principal objectives.
- Analyze business drivers and problem solve to identify opportunities for strategic initiative and improve performance
- Developing actionable plans and drive them to resolution
- Monitoring the business environment to detect material changes and opportunities to ensure that Encore’s strategies remain highly effective
- Presenting work progress effectively to internal management and build buy-in for recommendations
- Setting, communicating, and measuring goals
- Collaborate with business partners/teams to identify and define reporting needs, and create the reports
- Hands on data querying
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency with MS Office including Excel
- Willingness to learn SAS, SQL
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High level of organizational and project management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with or exposure to SAS, SQL
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.