Tax Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the job
The Tax Manager position is located at the Corporate Headquarters in San Diego, CA. This is a key position within the tax team with responsibility for financial reporting and projects. Primary responsibility of this role is to support domestic tax operations, with a focus on quarterly and annual tax provisions (ASC 740), corporate tax compliance, and special projects. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated to learn and ready to assume responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Prepare/review quarterly and annual ASC 740 calculations in conjunction with financial reporting for both domestic and international components, including supporting schedules and tax account reconciliations.
- Coordinate and assist in review of federal and state income tax compliance, including estimated tax payment and extension calculations, in conjunction with third-party consultants.
- Participate in interdepartmental communication with internal business partners, as well as third-party consultants, to ensure tax reporting is complete and accurate.
- Prepare supporting schedules/memos related to federal/state tax audits.
- Prepare miscellaneous compliance filings including but not limited to, information reporting, excise/occupation tax, property tax, and sales and use tax.
- Develop and guide staff by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting required. Master's degree in Tax is a plus.
5 years corporate tax experience with a minimum of 2 years at manager or supervisory level experience.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
ASC 740 experience.
Working knowledge of U.S. international, Federal and state tax concepts.
Skilled at research, interpretation and application of U.S. tax law and regulations.
Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
OneSource Tax and/or Workday Financials experience.
Big 4 experience.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.