We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The (Senior) Statistician/Data Scientist will report to the Senior Manager/Director of Decision Science. Responsibilities will include development of statistical and machine learning models to support multiple business functions; collaboration with operations analysts as they specify and validate collections strategies; maintaining collections forecasts; and revising and improving our predictive models. This position will act as a Decision Science lead for partnerships across the organization to direct the development and implementation of score-based and logic-based collections practices. The person in this role should be comfortable discussing the academic merits of a statistical approach or the ways in which a forecasting model will impact a business channel's revenue and cost expectations.
- Work cross functionally collecting, organizing, and analyzing a wide variety of data to engineer new features to support modeling and operational work and to enhance current models.
- Partner with manager to act as statistical consultant to colleagues across Encore around both business and experimental analytics.
- Providing high-quality, independent statistical model development for operational and experimental projects
- Master or Advanced; PhD degree in mathematics or a quantitative science with substantial coursework in statistics/machine learning.
- 2+ years’ experience in an analytical role. Familiarity with Python, R, SAS (or similar statistical computing language). Proficiency with MS Office.
- Experience in a cloud computing environment.
- Understanding of Discounted Cash Flow concepts.
- Experience developing and implementing predictive models for business use. Experience with text mining.
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical audiences.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.