Staff Counsel Legal Collections Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Staff Counsel manages/resolves collection litigation; provides legal support for the collections litigation business unit; oversees or interacts with outside collections/defense counsel; provides legal advice in connection with the company's business operations; supports corporate compliance with laws and regulations governing debt collection and related activities; conducts legal research; and, assists with special projects as required.
About The Job
- Assist with special projects for Internal Legal or Legal Outsourcing.
- Create, review, direct and resolve collection litigation matters cost-effectively by working with business clients and legal support staff.
- Ensure adherence to Consumer Bill of Rights by enforcing relevant company policies. Determine appropriate settlements with consumers experiencing temporarily or permanent hardships, and communicate with consumer and counsel to encourage financial recover.
- Maintain and enhance company reputation with courts, vendors, outside counsel, and consumers. Limit company exposure through effective advocacy on behalf of the Company in hearings, trials, and mediations. Negotiate with opposing counsel, conduct discovery and respond to discovery and prepare and attend hearings and trials.
- Provide legal advice to company to support compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Master's/Advanced; JD degree from an accredited law school
- License in CA
- High Volume Litigation
- Documentation Review
- 0-3 years of experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Financial Service/Debt related company
- Licensed in TX
- Legal Management Software Experience
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.