Sr. Manager, Business Development Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The Business Development Sr Manager is responsible for meeting Midland Credit Management's purchasing objectives at set corporate hurdle rates. This individual will be responsible for creating new Business Development opportunities, as well as maintaining and growing existing relationships. The Business Development Sr Manager is accountable for sourcing, due diligence, market intelligence, bid strategy, negotiation and closing of these transactions. This role also advises senior management of industry trends including changes in market supply, demand and pricing. This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development.
- Advise on industrial and corporate developments through the analysis of information obtained from due diligence visits, industry / trade publications, company / contact sources and conference / trade shows and through senior level relationships.
- Analyze financial information to produce forecasts of business, industry and economic conditions for use in making decisions.
- Build and maintain a robust network of business relationships for the purchase of consumer distressed debt assets; key point of contact for senior level executives at each business relationship.
- Create, identify and negotiate complex, creative and pro-active financial structures and Business Development opportunities with limited direction and the ability to influence senior-level executive buy-in on deals (Investment Committee).
- Develop and drive plans of action, that include deal-flow, pipeline for purchases and corporate investment objectives.
- Negotiate contracts and close deals using judgment to make decisions based on risk, corporate objectives and deal points / terms.
- Recommend pricing at which portfolios should be purchased / sold based on interpretation of relevant data, market opportunity, sales timing, past sales and due diligence information.
- Bachelor; Business, Finance or related field
- Financial services or similar industry experience
- 5 - 8 years of experience in B2B marketing, including new business development; experience negotiating complex business transactions and knowledge of legal terms/provisions
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Master/Advanced; Business, Finance or related field
- Auto or Fintech industry experience
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.