Software Engineer IV Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
To support our goals as an industry leader, we are seeking a Software Engineer IV, to join our multifaceted Platform Engineering team in our San Diego or Phoenix office. This role will ensure the services provided by the Platform Engineering team are secure, highly available, fault tolerant, and maintain business. Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and enhance software applications under supervision of a manager.
- Seek out new, groundbreaking technology for strategic goals.
- Collaborate with Solution Architects and Technical Leads daily.
- Maintain architecture diagrams through Visio.
- Responsible for keeping up with the CMDB.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior team members.
- Participate in other application development projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology/Engineering or related field
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role
- Hands on experience setting up and using CI/CD
- Solid understanding and advocating DevOps culture
- Knowledge of AWS including serverless architecture
- Strong understanding of micro services and API management
- Knowledge of containers, blue/green deployments
- Strong communication skills including presentations suitable for various audiences
- Experience creating IaC automation
- Full stack development and design; experience with middleware and API management
- Experience with AWS resource provisioning using Terraform
- Master's or Advanced degree
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.