We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Senior Process and Performance Analyst is part of our Post-Purchase Inventory Management Department. In this role you will be responsible for working directly with large MCM issuers, partnering with global internal stakeholders and analyzing/ presenting data to influence process improvements. Responsibilities include:
- Manage 3rd party relationships with external issuers.
- Create and maintain the monitoring of reports and analytical tools to ensure accuracy, identify trends / issues / opportunities.
- Work closely with members of the team and other departments to communicate ongoing results and suggested strategy changes.
- Identify areas of improvement with external issuers and/or internal stakeholders.
- Conduct root cause analysis and present on propose solutions while considering associated benefits, costs, and risks.
- Manage limited scope projects related to process improvements.
- Ensure processes are well documented and always up to date.
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in an analytical / quantitative role, or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience in designing and running queries as well as data extraction with tools such as iSeries, SAS, MS Access, and/or Excel.
- Program or relationship management skills, collaboration skills, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Quantitative Field and/or equivalent experience.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.