Senior Manager, SOX Compliance & Reporting Job Description
Starting CompensationAnnual Salary: $113,400.00 - $147,299.00 (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
The Main purpose is to support various finance and IT teams across the organization to maintain the SOX/ICFR control environment. This person will work with process owners to identify, design and document new business processes or changes to existing processes including process narratives, related flowcharts, and the identification and documentation of key controls. They will develop and implement procedures for company-wide adherence to SOX program.
Will manage Encore/MCM organization's auditing strategy and activities for regulatory compliance. Develops and implements internal controls, best practices, and strategies to identify process deficiencies and implement improvements. Prepares for and participates in external regulatory inspections and internal audits.
- Support various finance and IT teams across the organization to maintain the SOX/ICFR control environment. Work with process owners to identify, design and document new business processes or changes to existing processes including process narratives, related flowcharts, and the identification and documentation of key controls. Develop and implement procedures for company-wide adherence to SOX program
- Provide education and guidance to senior management and control owners on the SOX control compliance process, including testing, supporting evidence requirements and quarterly certifications. Coordinate and provide guidance to the team when conducting Sarbanes-Oxley walk-throughs and testing in accordance with the departmental testing strategy while meeting project deadlines
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of key control operating effectiveness testing and documentation in accordance with department guidelines and external auditor requirements. Report on risk and compliance levels relating to business process, entity level and IT general controls. Assist in the deficiency management process: Identification, Documentation, Assessment, Remediation, Closure, and Reporting. Develop plan to remediate control weaknesses and deficiencies and monitor implementation.
- Develop written reports for executive management and the Audit Committee. Assist Internal Audit and external audit (BDO) where required to understand the control environment and business processes. Effectively communicate with broader global risk team and collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of approach and awareness of issues, challenges, and opportunities.
- Proactively engage Internal Audit, SOX, Compliance, Information Security, Vendor Risk Management, Business Continuity and other assurance functions to support an integrated approach to risk management.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
FIELD OF STUDY: Finance, Accounting
EXPERIENCE: 8+ years of relevant experience working in a controls related role (i.e., SOX Compliance programs, internal controls programs, internal audit, external audit, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including MS Word, PPT and Excel
- Strong technical knowledge of SOX/ICFR and process controls
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools and implementation of control tools
- Able to communicate with all levels of management
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to influence and communicate well both internally and externally
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.