Senior Manager SEC Reporting Job Description
Starting CompensationAnnual Salary: $134,800.00 - $175,099.00 (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
The Sr. Manager - SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting assists the Chief Accounting Officer in all matters related to SEC reporting and technical accounting including accounting policy, review of complex accounting transactions, and the implementation of new standards. This position also assists with the Form 10-Q/K, SOX, financial statement audits, equity accounting and the documentation of internal policies and procedures.
- Manage the preparation and filing of Forms 10-Q quarterly reports and Form 10-K annual reports with the SEC. Manage and maintain XBRL tagging and review.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of company-wide accounting policies
- Manage review and approval of SEC filings with external auditors
- Coordinate accounting and reporting matters with key functional areas (treasury, tax, corporate development and legal, etc.)
- Assist in accounting research and provide strategic accounting guidance to management, including the evaluation and due diligence involved in acquisitions, new initiatives, and other business development opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing SOX documentation and ensure that all documentation complies with regulations and professional standard.
- Support the corporate month-end close, financial consolidation and analysis.
- Management of direct reports (reporting to the role)
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
FIELD OF STUDY: Finance, Accounting or economics
EXPERIENCE: 8+ years of relevant experience in public accounting and financial reporting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including MS Office [Word, PPT and Excel]
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Strong knowledge of monitoring tools and implementation of control tools
- Able to communicate with all levels of management
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to influence and communicate well both internally and externally
EDUCATION: Master’s or Advanced
FIELD OF STUDY: Accounting, Finance or Economics
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.