Senior Manager, Corporate Communications (Encore Capital Group) Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Senior Manager, U.S. Corporate Communications is responsible for the execution of the global corporate communications strategy for Encore Capital Group and its subsidiaries within the United States. In alignment with broader business goals and our Mission, Vision and Values, the ideal applicant will be responsible for developing regional-specific strategies and supporting development of global communications programs. This person will be accountable for developing and delivering consistent and strategic internal communications in partnership with U.S. site leadership and functional business partners. This person is responsible for running internal delivery channels, setting and maintaining communication standards, and leading the execution and measurement of U.S. employee communications campaigns to ensure continuity and consistency in information, visual identity and tone of employee communications. This candidate will also support the development and distribution of U.S.-specific external communications, including thought leadership and social media posts.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with experience building trust with and persuading key partners. This individual will need to be capable of understanding, balancing and ensuring alignment between varying business and functional priorities, while being a strategic problem solver. Further, the ideal candidate will be a strategic problem solver with a desire to drive corporate culture, engage employees and mobilize internal partners to advocate for the company. This role reports to the Senior Director, Corporate Communications.
- Serve as a trusted counselor to U.S. business partners by collaborating with them to identify and evaluate opportunities to drive internal and external partner engagement through strategic communications.
- Help set strategy for and review programmatic internal communications produced by other business partners prior to distribution.
- Serve as the U.S. representative on cross-regional communications working groups designed to create, set and maintain global communications strategies and plans for the business.
- Develop and improve processes and procedures to enhance operations and achieve higher performance, including the creation of templates and frameworks for quality control and consistency.
- Develop and lead editorial plans for internal and external communications and coordinate content creation with various cross-functional team members.
- Coordinate distribution of internal communications to U.S. employees (and globally when applicable).
- Lead/support execution of major communication activations and support creation of routine communications as required.
- Inform/produce content for and manage U.S.-specific social media/digital channels.
- Lead and support crisis communications as needed.
- Set critical metrics and develop measurement reports to show leadership progress and success of communication initiatives.
- Lead/collaborate with vendor partners supporting U.S.-specific Corporate Communications needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, English, Political Science or related field.
- 5+ year of direct applicable Corporate Communications experience.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism or MBA.
- Shown experience as senior communicator driving successful corporate reputation, employee engagement, issues and crisis management, and executive leadership communications strategies. Proven experience as an external media spokesperson is helpful.
- Experience in Financial Services.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.