Senior Java Developer Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the job
The Senior Java Developer owns modification and maintenance of software applications with a large scope. This individual will work across the IT department on different projects including analysis and design. You will cross functionally with a distributed team using a top technology stack on application development using a cloud-based approach.
- Build, maintain and improve software applications under supervision of a manager or technical lead.
- Participate in other application development projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology/Engineering or similar degree/experience.
- 5-7 years professional experience with minimum 5 years of programming experience (relevant programming languages: Java, HTML, C#); Java, Spring Boot 3 years+; hands on experience setting up and using CI/CD (continuous integration, continuous delivery/deployment)
- Core Java: CORE Java, OOPs, J2EE (Spring, Spring Boot), Web services (REST), Ant/Maven,
- Code Quality: Unit Testing (Junit 4/5 + Mockito), Code quality check Tools (SonarQube, Sona type)
- Source code repository: VSTS, SVN, GIT, TFS etc.
- Application hosting servers: Tomcat/WAS/any other
- Hands on solid understanding on any one of the AWS Services: EC2, EBS, S3, DMS, Lambda, Kinesis, Athena, SQS, SNS, SES, CloudWatch, RDS, IAM, Glue.
- Solid grasp and working knowledge of any Relational (MS SQL Server, Aurora) and Non-Relational (MongoDB) databases.
- Good understanding on Microservices architecture.
- Understanding of Agile (Scrum) project management methodology and Test-Driven Development.
- Good communication skills.
- Master's or Advanced degree.
- Full stack development experience; JS based client-side framework – React.JS, NoSQL experience, event driven and microservice architecture experience; SSIS (Microsoft ETL tool), Python.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.