Senior IT Project Manager Job Description
Here at MCM, we are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, MCM might be the place for you!
The IT Project Manager will assist in leading the Technology portfolio with an emphasis on strategic change, new business and product initiatives, process re-engineering and maturing project portfolio management capabilities. This role is responsible for significant large sophisticated projects with the ultimate objective to deliver all work within a program incrementally, using interpersonal guardrails and strong thought leadership. The Project Manager will work closely with internal and external customers, subject matter authorities, application development teams, infrastructure service teams in running multiple, concurrent projects with multi-disciplinary teams to meet our strategic and tactical objectives.
About the Job
- Serve as an IT program leader by exerting influence on the overall program's direction to ensure business and IT objectives are met
- Drive and supervise all project lifecycles within the program to ensure incremental delivery of business outcomes and program stays within budget constraints
- Build and maintain program or project documents including prioritization artifacts, charters, iterative program implementation plans, status reporting on results, running risks, assumptions, issues, and cross team dependencies with little to no oversight using established standards and procedures
- Lead project portfolio management activities such as advising current project portfolio cadences and driving the needs of the PMO to mature and operationalize the project portfolio management capability
- Perform and analyze intake of project demands, forecasting team allocation, using standard processes and procedures to find opportunities to increase efficiency
- Define and maintain project and program management best practices and standards
- Train and mentor project manager and perform PMO compliance, audits, and quality reviews
- 5 - 10 years proven and direct work experience in leading and large, sophisticated, and strategic global initiatives
- Experience working in a hybrid Agile environment with global matrix teams.
- Skilled in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project Management Tools, Zoom, and SharePoint
- Ability to interact well with others at all levels (end users to executive level)
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Strong ability to work towards results and build effective partnerships
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and capable of self-managing in a fast-paced and rapid change environment
- Bachelors or Masters, flexible on degree
- Experience working for a publicly traded company or financial services in a similar role
- Working in a maturing IT Portfolio/Project Management office
- CERTIFICATION(S): PgMP, PMP, Certified Scrum Master, SaFeScrum/Kanban/Hybrid Agile Project Management experience
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.