Senior Compensation Analyst Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The Senior Compensation Analyst is a key business partner to Human Resources colleagues globally, leveraging prior business partner experience to effectively provide guidance, including analytical support on corporate compensation programs, and recommending solutions to meet the organization’s needs. The role is also responsible for the administration and support of the short- and long-term incentive programs.
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Business Leaders, and HR team members to address compensation issues through analysis and thought partnership, by providing insight to compensation programs and policies, and recommending effective solutions
- Administer the short and long-term incentive programs, including developing and maintaining program materials
- Lead the annual compensation planning cycle and mid-year promotion process, participate in salary surveys, provide administration of short-term and long-term incentive programs, and audit and maintain employee pay data and compensation design in Workday
- Partner with cross-functional HR teams on special projects, such as designing and implementing new compensation programs, process improvements, and automation of new solutions
- Conduct complex analysis of jobs, base pay, and incentives to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance
- Recommend, research, and implement process improvements for compensation programs and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Finance or related field
- 3-5 years of Compensation experience
- Workday experience
- Knowledge of HR laws and regulations, including FLSA
- Ability to think critically, analyze complex problems, and exercise judgment in evaluation to formulate creative solutions
- Ability to effectively collaborate with people at all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Master’s Degree
- 5 plus years of experience in compensation
- Certified Compensation Professional
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.