Senior Accountant SEC Reporting Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Job
The Senior Accountant, SEC Reporting performs a full spectrum of financial, regulatory, reporting and accounting assignments, including preparation of complex financial reports and related analysis. The position also assists in research and implementation of new FASB pronouncements.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of Forms 10-Q quarterly reports and Form 10-K annual reports to the SEC, including the preparation of the financial statements, related footnotes and Management's Discussion and Analysis.
- Assists in research and implementation of new FASB pronouncements.
- Coordinate with external auditors to support their review of Form 10-Q and their audit of Form 10-K.
- Participate in the adoption of the disclosure requirements for new accounting standards; maintains excellent internal controls over the financial reporting process, including disciplined, detailed documentation; quarterly and annual financial presentations.
- Prepare consolidating balance sheets, income statements, and cash flows for SEC Reporting.
- Prepare EPS calculations, stock-based compensation journal entries, and debt covenant analysis.
- Work with Legal and Investor Relations on the preparation of Proxy statement and various projects such as quarterly earnings press release and filing of the related Form 8K.
- Bachelor; Accounting.
- Public Accounting experience 1-3 years.
- Private Industry Experience 1-3 years.
- Master’s Degree & CPA.
- Big 4 experience.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.