Scrum Master Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Scrum Master guides the scrum team(s) to follow Agile Scrum practices and daily activities. The Scrum Master promotes prioritization, team readiness, and dedication for each sprint, and facilitates the scrum process on Scrum teams with cross-functional impacts that involve moderately complex project, non-project, or maintenance work.
- Responsible for facilitating the scrum process on scrum teams with cross-functional impacts that involve moderately complex project, non-project, or maintenance work.
- Guides the scrum team(s) and organization to follow generally accepted Agile Scrum practices and daily activities to actively promote prioritization, team readiness, and commitment for each sprint.
- Collaborate with product owners, program managers, or project managers to provide the status of work and overall project/program status.
- Mentor scrum team(s) to deliver capabilities using agile practices while also following the software development lifecycle, business process mapping, and various release processes as appropriate to ensure all risk, security, and development requirements are met.
- Partner with product owner(s) to ensure continuous refinement of backlog, which may include stories from multiple projects.
- Use empirical data to help the team(s) assess their scrum maturity, optimize scrum team velocity to KPIs, and identify improvement opportunities to achieve higher levels of team performance.
- Raise key risks and issues impeding scrum team efficiency.
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- 2 plus years of experience working on multiple large-scale Scrum team projects
- 3 plus years proven track record as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach
- VSTS, Jira experience
- Strong problem solving skills to solve for blockers and impediments
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP-SM)
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.