Salesforce Administrator Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
- Serve as system administrator for theSalesforce environment with 400+ users across 3 unique organizations
- Handle all basic to intermediate administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks on both Classic and Lightning platforms
- Build and optimize Process Builders, workflows, flows, validation rules, etc
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Troubleshoot system issues/outages where required
- Ideate process optimization within Salesforce environments
- Manage project tasks with international teams
- Perform Audits of Production/Sandbox environments for SOX/NIST requirements
- Demonstrated experience in Service Cloud with both Classic and Lightning framework on administration/configurations standpoint
- At least 50 Trailhead badges
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding ofSalesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Previous experience working in a SCRUM or agile environment preferred
- Certified Admin preferred
- APEX familiarity preferred
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.