We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Risk/Valuation Analyst role within the MCM Portfolio Valuation team supports the creation, monitoring and documentation of all portfolios purchased by MCM. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Valuation & Risk, the analyst will be responsible for the valuation team's monthly processes and the maintenance of the repository of documentation. In addition, this position will support the due diligence valuation process and use tools like SAS & SQL to conduct ad-hoc analysis on the performance of purchased portfolios. The analyst must be able to demonstrate sound problem-solving skills and judgment, possess exceptional integrity, and build strong partnerships with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
About the Role:
- Execute re-occurring valuation processes, including management of valuation databases and performance reporting
- Maintain valuation documentation repository to comply with internal and external audit requirements
- Support the due diligence portfolio valuation process
- Conduct analysis related to performance of purchased portfolios and surface recommendations to the valuation and broader Decision Science teams
- Bachelor’s in economics/finance or other quantitative field
- 1 - 2 years of experience in an analytical/quantitative role
- Proficiency with MS office (especially Excel and PowerPoint); understanding of net present value (NPV) calculations and the logic of IRR
- Experience with the logic of credit scoring and the development of marginal economic analysis; Knowledge of SQL, Base SAS and SAS / STAT, R, or Python
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.