Risk and Compliance Manager - Line of Business Compliance Job Description
Starting CompensationAnnual Salary: $79,700.00 - $126,999.00 (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
About the Role
The Risk and Compliance Manager is responsible for promoting a culture of compliance by executing the Company's compliance strategy, as defined by the Compliance Management System. The purpose of this role is to assist the Line of Business Compliance team with developing, directing and maintaining the compliance strategy throughout various business organizations, with particular emphasis on the Information Technology and Information Security business. The ideal candidate will possess robust knowledge of all components of an effective Risk and Compliance Management System, along with having strong skills in partnering with business clients and coordinating cross-functional team projects.
This role requires sound compliance and control skills to assist in identifying, establishing, and executing against compliance-related priorities. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to manage cross-functional projects, facilitate meetings, develop and present materials to Senior Leadership and various committees.
- engages with business partners on new business projects and initiatives to advise on compliance risks and controls
- leads business meetings and advises business partners on compliance implications of decisions
- advises various business units, with Information Technology and Information Security as a primary focus, on how to operationalize new or existing legal and regulatory requirements in strong partnership and coordination with MCM’s legal function, while also partnering with Corporate Risk and Compliance on tracking implementation
- supports and leads Compliance Issue Management and Risk Event Escalation programs with business partners, including oversight, consultation, and tracking of corrective action and root cause investigation of issues
- supports Risk and Compliance leadership in advising business partners on development of First Line controls, including drafting and revision of policies/procedures, analysis of consumer complaint trends, and implementation of preventive and detective controls
- performs compliance risk assessments of applicable business coverage areas
- adheres to annual Risk & Compliance plan objectives;
- prepares custom reports and presentations for the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer, Senior Management, and various committees;
- performs and leads other Risk and Compliance department services and projects, as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Good knowledge of Legal/ Regulatory requirements along with Risk and Compliance Program concepts
- Proficient with MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to identify opportunities & propose effective solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated leadership and executive presence
- Ability to develop and exercise business plans, along with reviewing and editing various policies and procedures
- 5 or more years of Information Technology experience OR relevant experience executing on and developing the enhancement of a Risk Management Program and/or Compliance Management System
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.