QA Automation Engineer Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Automation Engineer builds and implements Test Plans for sophisticated and high risk systems to insure the accurate functioning of software before its release for User Acceptance Testing and prior to its release into the production environment. The roles are located in both San Diego and Phoenix.
- Write scripts and creating automation environments for repeated tests. Using different automation tools, design, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions
- Designs/delivers the test Plan for projects that are small, provides input on estimates for the duration of activities, and resources needed to implement the test plan.
- Defines the assumptions that must exist for testing to be comprehensive and on-schedule. establishes success criteria, acceptance criteria, entrance/exit criteria that must be met or validated to make key decisions or to move. Follows processes on obtaining test plan reviews, approvals and sign offs.
- Develops the test design requirements, including purpose, preparation, and usage. Leads the designing of test cases and scripts, including the techniques and approaches to be used for validation of the product. Determines the data set or sub-set needed to ensure a comprehensive test of the system.
- Oversees and Insights all the test aspects and evaluates against all stated objectives. Is able to test medium /small test scenarios. Provides consistent UAT support to business
- Understands core applications for a major business unit or function. Ability to discuss application related issues with both business and IT professionals, specifically key functions, benefits, impact of disruption and key features of major systems and related subsystems. Is familiar with existing technology infrastructure and systems management practices.
- Develops and runs automation scripts through the designated test tool (e.g. knows how to run a script through Quality Center).
- Uses automation as part of a project and incorporates automation into project reporting.
- Brings in depth knowledge of multiple testing products and approaches, can test all aspects and evaluate against all stated objectives. As a Lead Can discuss the rationale for selecting a specific set of tools. Needs to consult to others on effective testing approaches and techniques. Has developed a comparative analysis of various testing products.
Requires Bachelor; Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering
Requires 6+ years business experience and
- Working knowledge of Automation tools, processes and techniques used preferably Selenium/Appium
- Ability to leverage ready-made automation frameworks instead of building elaborate automation frameworks from scratch: Serenity BDD, a Java-based framework
- Good knowledge around DB testing. Should be able to write complex SQL queries.
- Working knowledge of API testing tools that require strong coding skills to create tests: REST Assured, Rest Sharp.
- Solid understanding of Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, etc.
- Working knowledge of Writing scripts for Automation Frameworks.
- Skilled in any one or more language preferably Java/Python
- Ability to think out of the box and implement latest solutions to problems
Experience working for a publicly traded company in a similar role; in depth knowledge of multiple testing products and approaches, tests all aspects and evaluate against all stated objectives is preferred. Mastery of relevant automated testing tools is preferred. Understanding of core applications for a major business unit or function is also preferred.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.