Public Policy Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The Public Policy Manager supports Encore’s legislative and regulatory advocacy to shape strong public policy for the company and the consumers we serve. The Manager has a broad range of responsibilities, including legislative tracking and monitoring, policy analysis, legislative research, and drafting testimony and bill amendments. As part of the role, the Manager will work closely with subject matter in the business to notify them of regulatory and legislative developments, and to solicit feedback on legislative and regulatory proposals. The Manager will also serve as the Treasurer for Encore’s Political Action Committee.
- Conduct statutory drafting and policy analysis of current and pending legislation, in consultation with appropriate business and corporate personnel, to determine impact on Encore's operations and business model.
- Create content for internal and external audiences across a range of corporate topics, including collateral, talking points, and policy briefs.
- Monitor, and provide timely and insightful reports related to developments and trends attendant to Encore's legislative affairs priorities, which will include tracking and prioritizing legislation.
- Bachelor; Political Science, History, Communications, English or related field of study.
- 1-5 years experience in legal, communications or public/government service. Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and PowerPoint. Exceptional writing, editing and communication skills. Proven ability to work across groups and think creatively about options and possibilities.
- Juris Doctor or Masters Degree emphasizing writing, analysis and research.
Solid understanding of federal and state legislative processes and general knowledge of agency policy making processes. Proficiency with social media tools and platforms.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.