Procurement Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The ideal candidate will be responsible for supervising the daily operations of the Procurement function by providing direction and leadership to the staff while driving quality and adherence to the policies and procedures. This role will be responsible for driving cost savings, process efficiencies, and identifying effective solutions for the company.
- Identify and drive cost savings initiatives including working with suppliers and business users to reduce cost through negotiation, reductions, etc.
- Source and negotiate with suppliers to fulfill company needs.
- Work with internal customers to develop an understanding of business needs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the vendor management program.
- Report to management on departmental Key Performance Indicators.
- Work on system enhancements to create more efficient processes.
- Assist with internal, external, and SOX audit requests.
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a purchasing or procurement role.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others to produce desired results.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors to reduce overall costs.
- Strong time management and analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of Workday Financials.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.