Process Excellence Specialist Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The Process Excellence Specialist is responsible for supporting the overall Legal Collection channel’s operations and promoting a culture of compliance in line with MCM’s Requirements. The primary responsibilities of this role are to execute on and maintain programs and processes that are lower in complexity and/or size for Legal Collections. The ideal candidate would possess process and program management skills to operate multiple programs, processes, and business interactions simultaneously. This role requires sound business and analytical skills to assist in identifying, establishing, and executing against business-related priorities. A successful candidate will demonstrate thoughtful judgment in the execution of channel-level initiatives, and efficient, effective operational coordination.
- Execute on all components of multiple department-level programs that are lower in complexity and/or size (which entails routine problems; well know standard procedures and practices) and recommendation for continued enhancements
- Program/process management across a network of external suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Interactions with key business, legal & compliance stakeholders, external law firms/agencies
- Assist with department level strategic initiatives on an as needed basis
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- 1-2 years of relevant business operations experience
- PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel skills
- business operations experience in highly a regulated industry; preferably financial services;
- experience with ADA, FCRA, FDCPA, EFTA, TCPA, GLBA, SCRA, UDAAP, particularly as applied to debt servicing and collections
- Prior Project management experience is preferred
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.