Process Excellence Specialist Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
About the Role
The Process Excellence Manager will act as a support and subject matter expert for a wide range of functions impacting Legal Collections, including but not limited to, issuer audits, regulatory requests, internal compliance testing, Internal Legal vendor oversight reviews, and Legal Collections data requests.
- Facilitating the execution of external and internal compliance Requests for Information (RFIs) and Transactional/Account-level Testing.
- Conducting research and root cause analysis of internal processes and 3rd party vendors, and developing solution recommendations.
- Acting as an owner or subject-matter expert for certain procedures and seek ways to improve said procedures over time.
- Strong understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards. Significant knowledge of industry practices. Is considered a general resource within the Business Unit around Company practices and standards.
- Developing solutions to a variety of complex problems of large scope within a Department.
- Developing solution recommendations, authoring processes and procedures, and managing all aspects of project and/or process management.
- Reporting, identifying trends, and raising issues or other opportunities around departmental processes and procedures.
- Managing completion of ongoing business processes by supporting internal and external stakeholders.
- Partnering with management, process owners, and stakeholders to align initiatives with overall business objectives.
- Leveraging technology to create programs to monitor for adherence to company’s requirements.
- 1-3 years in a project management or process improvement role.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Must be customer focused and possess the ability to develop creative solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Demonstrated track record of success in either overhauling inherited processes or designing new processes.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word /Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint); very comfortable with Excel formulas, pivot tables and v-lookups
- Experience working in a regulated environment with a focus on compliance.
- Serve as project leader; exert influence on the overall team direction to ensure business objectives are met .
- System query skills (SQL, SAS, and BI Tools).
- Experience in Financial Services or related industry.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.