Performance Manager Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
To support our goals as an industry leader, Encore Capital Group is seeking a Performance Manager to join our Consumer Data team reporting to the Senior Manager of Performance Management.
The Performance Manager, Consumer Data, is responsible for managing small or medium sized relationships with third-party data vendor and initiatives associated with the same. This position includes fostering relationships with internal and external partners to drive organizational success, as well as working with others on analyzing initiatives, executing on strategic and program priorities, measuring against performance goals, and ensuring a culture of compliance and consumer treatment in line with MCM values.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing third-party vendor relationship, and initiatives in support of organizational strategy and goals.
- Working with manager and others to analyze business drivers at both the partner and project level to manage and improve performance.
- Creating, setting & communicating performance plans to drive results.
- Bringing forward recommendations where a change is necessary with an external partner/ internal stakeholder or an internal process, thinking through possible impacts of change to proactively plan for successful implementation.
- Building analytical and problem-solving skills and applying learnings to identify the root cause of an issue. Thinking through possible solutions and sharing suggestions with manager. Working with manager to incorporate associated benefits, costs, & risks of possible solution.
- Delivering on strategic and project priorities. Creating plans and managing projects of limited scope and complexity. Initiating recommendations & working with manager to finalize objectives / plans.
- Driving project/ partner communications both internally and externally.
- Ensuring a culture of compliance, including partner compliance, with MCM expectations and vice versa. Emphasizing MCM consumer treatment expectations in all internal and external interactions.
- Representing MCM in external environments.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in a project or process management role, operations management, management consulting, or equivalent education and experience. Quantitative and analytic abilities. Strong proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel).
- Program or relationship management skills, collaboration skills, problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, process management skills.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated, organized
- Ability to work on multiple projects/ tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Comfortable in public speaking and representing corporate interests.
- Negotiation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.