Paralegal Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
What does it mean to ‘Experience Encore?’ It means to be part of an organization where success is fueled by a demonstrated commitment to caring for our consumers and supporting them as we strive every day to identify the moments that matter: the moments where our consumers feel empowered to manage their finances differently. It’s both a rewarding and challenging environment.
As an international business, headquartered in San Diego, we are diverse and large enough to reinvest in our people and in our success. Our commitment to Better Solutions, Better Life also extends to how we treat our employees. Professional growth. Leadership training. Skills development. Wellness initiatives. A healthy work-life balance. It all comes together to offer you the perfect career solution, supported by a great quality of life too.
The Paralegal I is on the Licensing team, which ensures the required licenses for each business entity are current and accurate. This position includes tracking licensing requirements, drafting license applications and license renewals, and assisting with periodic licensing examinations. The Paralegal I will also be required to interface with business leaders, including members of the executive team, and state regulators on a regular basis and, as such, must display a high degree of professionalism, competence, and geniality. The Paralegal I will assist with licensing-related projects, as well as certain research and analysis as needed.
- Own state licensing applications/filings, including managing deadlines, assessing state requirements, compiling necessary documents, and completing required forms (40%)
- Own state licensing annual report filings, including data analysis and legal interpretation of reporting requirements (35%)
- Licensing-related projects, including facilitating updates to existing licenses, assisting with response to regulator exams, and acquiring new licenses. (20%)
- Additional assistance to support the licensing team (5%)
- Required: Bachelor OR Paralegal Certificate
- Required: English
- Required: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn and master new technologies. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment. Strong interpersonal skills and team player.
- Preferred: 2+ years’ experience in the legal field.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.