Paralegal II Job Description
Starting CompensationHourly Rate: $24.47 - $31.78 (Amount based on office location, relevant experience, skills, and competencies)
If you are wondering why you should work for us, here is something to help you decide:
Pay and Bonuses: Earn a competitive salary. All employees are eligible for uncapped commission or annual bonus incentives.
Career Progression: Grow at MCM with paid training and development programs – including our very own MCM Academy – as well as a promote-from-within philosophy.
Reward and Recognition: We are committed to honoring great results – ranging from informal accolades to formal company-wide awards and prizes like all-inclusive vacations.
Tuition Assistance: Pursue a degree or coursework related to your current role, or the role you are striving for.
Healthcare Insurance: Take advantage of comprehensive healthcare plans and options to ensure your continued health, plus fitness membership reimbursements, weight watchers, our wellness rewards Program and more.
Volunteering Opportunities: Enjoy up to eight hours of paid time off each year to volunteer. We also offer volunteer grants and matching financial donations, up to US$ 2,500 per employee annually.
Retirement Savings: Build a strong financial foundation and reach your goals for the future. With all the effort you invest in us, we’re proud to invest in you.
New Family Support: Celebrate your new arrival with company paid leave, new parent flex time, and child back-up care options.
Team-building: Enjoy experiences that inspire bonds with your colleagues through a wide range of company-sponsored team-building events, such as holiday celebrations and department outings.
Work-Life Balance: Enjoy paid and floating holidays, as well as generous paid-time-off.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
Manage the Company’s Administration of Contracts.
- Work with attorneys in preparation, review, negotiation, drafting and approval of agreements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders and external parties by serving as a point of contact for contract requests.
- Manage a contract management and record keeping system.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the company’s contract templates.
- Maintain internal controls for appropriate approvals of contracts.
- Maintain and support corporate governance processes, including general record keeping, presentations, resolutions, consents, minutes, and other materials, as well as assist with our electronic board portal.
- Maintain and assist with corporate governance and compliance matters for our international and domestic subsidiaries.
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from our internal and external auditors, regulators, partners, and other stakeholders, including licensing and “KYC” requests.
- Maintain corporate records.
Performs Other Duties as Assigned.
- Support special projects in the legal department as needed, including research, organization, and project management.
- Prepare and file UCC financing statements.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree, and 2-5 years of experience as a paralegal or contract administrator in a law firm and/or corporate legal department.
- Team player who is a quick learner and takes initiative.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; eagerness and willingness to help others.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships within the legal team, and with internal departments and outside parties.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion with confidential information.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; ability to manage multiple projects and be extremely responsive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to formulate and present effective solutions.
- Solid decision-making and project management skills – drive projects to completion.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with Salesforce preferred but not required.
- A paralegal certificate is preferred but not required.CA Notary Public preferred but not required.
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.