Paralegal I Job Description
We are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, this might be the right place for you!
The Paralegal I provides support and assistance to the company's in-house legal group or Internal Legal department. This position will be responsible for using their knowledge and skills to assist in managing the company's litigation / regulatory matters, enhance the company's processes, and help to maintain the company's ethical and compliance standards. The Paralegal I will be responsible for supporting the company's operations in a particular state by assisting in the management of litigation and court dockets, and supporting legal specialists in their duties. In addition, the Paralegal I works to identify the overall objective associated with a given assignment, and competently identifies tasks and tactics necessary to achieve the objective. Under guidance of an attorney, the Paralegal I assists with the overall management of projects within his or her department, improving company and department processes to increase efficiency and ensure effectiveness.
- Assist the Legal department with projects as needed.
- Provide all aspects of legal and compliance support to the Legal team; organize, update, maintain and archive department files and records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interact with Midland outside counsel and Midland employees to gather information, documentation or data as required for task at hand, or act as authorized to resolve the identified matter.
- Conduct initial review and analysis of incoming pleadings, correspondence and other legal documents; draft pleadings, settlement agreements, dismissals, discovery, legal correspondence and memoranda for attorney review as required.
- Paralegal Certification Required
- 1-3 years in a legal specialist position
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite programs, particularly Excel and Outlook
- The ability to quickly learn new systems and adapt to process changes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented, organized, volume practice and takes initiative is a plus
- The ability to work with people across all levels and areas of expertise
- Experience in a creditor’s law firm and knowledge of legal pleadings is a plus
- A Positive attitude and professional team player spirit
Required:Paralegal Certification plus High School Diploma
Some college preferred
Required: 1 - 2 years customer service or clerical experience. Experience with MS Office. Good communication skills, Data Entry.
Preferred: 2+ years work experience in financial services related field. System querying skills. Proficiency with MS Office (particularly Excel).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.
Encore Capital Group and all of its subsidiaries are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at Talent@mcmcg.com.