Manager, SEC Reporting Job Description
Here at MCM, we are more than a specialty finance company providing debt recovery solutions for consumers. We are a global team of over 4,000 employees whose daily mission is to empower consumers to begin their path towards financial recovery and build a better life for themselves and their families. We know that the only way to support this mission is by hiring exceptional people who bring a diversity of ideas, a collaborative spirit, and a passion for attaining breakthrough results. If you are results-driven, have a passion for helping others, and thrive in an innovative environment, MCM might be the place for you!
The Manager, SEC Reporting manages the Company's SEC financial reporting on Form 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K including creation of auditable support and manages the analysis of the content. This role interacts with international subsidiaries and ensures the effectiveness of the reporting process. This is a high-profile position that will play a critical role in SEC reporting, regulatory reporting and other compliance related matters. This role will report to the Senior Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting.
- 5 years in accounting (combination of public accounting and industry/corporate).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant).
- 2 years of SEC Reporting.
- Strong planning, project management and analytical skills. Excellent leadership, communication and influencing skills. Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, problem solving, and results. Ability to execute with no oversight.
- Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Financial Services industry experience.
What We Offer
We understand the important balance between work and life, fun and professionalism, and corporation verse community. We strive to support your career aspirations and provide the benefits you need to live a more fulfilling life.
Our compensation and benefits programs were created with an 'Employee-First Approach' focused on supporting, developing, and recognizing YOU. We offer a wide array of wellness and mental health initiatives, support volunteerism, and environmental efforts, encourage employee education through leadership training, skill-building, and tuition reimbursements, and always strive to provide promotion opportunities from within.
All these things are just a small way to show our employees that we recognize their value, we understand what is important to them, and we reward their contributions.